1.22.2013

Day 1.

Daily Reflection:  
Funny how things seem to work out.  Life seems to be some odd middle-ground between along for the ride and making things happen.  I have this tendency to hold out in limbo for way too long, so this is my slow-but-sure attempt to break out of that nebulous state.  Hoping that the turtle approach will be successful, as the rabbit flash and dash has not been so to date.

Not being strict today, as I'm going out to dinner with friends.  I'm not being meticulous ever, really, as it is not the amount of focus I want to put on my food consumption, nor will it benefit me long-term.  I want my changes to be permanent, and if I try to do 100% clean eating, I will not succeed.  I am making changes, forgiving myself for the times I forget, and loving myself for intentionally making healthier choices.  Baby steps.

Pitfalls:  
Need to go grocery shopping.  Making due with what is in the house, for now.

Conquests:  
Wrote it down... gave it all the thought it needed.  Didn't mindlessly eat.  Planned what to order at wings place.  Exercised.

***
What I Ate Today:
Breakfast:  PB Oats, green tea.
Lunch: Handful of walnuts, brown rice, carrot slaw (carrots, red onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, nutritional yeast)
Dinner: Buffalo Wild Wings... 'nuff said.  (Tenders salad/ranch, iced tea, couple of bites from sampler platter.)
Dessert: No dessert.
Snacks:  2 Ritz crackers.  :(
***

Recipe:  
PB Oats.  Microwaved serving of 9 grain hot cereal, added 1/2 a banana, 2 Tb. natural peanut butter (or almond or whatever), and a sprinkle of cocoa nibs.

Activity: 
30 minute walk with husband. 

Moving Forward:
Portion control.  I need to give more thought to portion control.  Take the right portion the first time around, and don't go back for seconds (no matter how good the food is).  Also, more greens.





No comments: